Style

Monday, August 12, 2013

Liebster Award

I am so excited to have Julie from The Pencil Monkey nominate me for a Liebster Award. I'm very flattered and I've found so many blogs this summer by following other bloggers nominations.


To accept this nomination I must do the following:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5 - 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees to let them know I nominated them

Here are my questions from Julie!
1.  What is your guilty pleasure when you are not teaching?
Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream!

2.  Who is your hero or role model?
My education role model was my senior English teacher, Mrs. West. She had high expectations for everyone in her class, but she knew how to let you know individually what she expected of you. 

3.  Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself right here in my school. I love teaching in my high school. The only thing that could change that would be putting a middle school. We are a 7-12 school and I can see so much growth happening over the next few years.

4.  What is your favorite part of your day as a teacher?
I teach history and run the computer lab. I love doing enrichment with computer apps in my lab. I love see kids learn a new skill and then apply that to the content in a new way. It is very exciting. 

5.  What would your students say about you?
That I'm tough but fair and I can be a little wacky and unexpected in the classroom. I think nothing of stopping and pulling a brain break out when I see them start to melt. They just don't expect things like that in their classrooms.

6.  If you could buy one resource for your class what would it be? Why?
I really want a document camera. I love to use primary sources and photographs in my history classes and I really think students need to see those larger than life.

7.  What is your biggest strength?
I use a lot of technology and diverse teaching methods in my classroom.

8.   What is your favorite pen or pencil?
Pentel in green or purple ink and Sharpie Pens

9.  If you could take your class anywhere on a field trip where would it be?
I love national parks. So, I'd probably take them on a tour of Gettysburg or the National Mall.

10.  What is your favorite book?
I really don't have a favorite book, but I have favorite series. I love the mystery writer Dana Stabenow and her Kate Shugak series set in Alaska.

11.  One random item that you can't live without as a teacher.
colored pens

Here are my nominees:
Lisa at http://artclasswithlmj.wordpress.com/

Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. Tea or Coffee?
2. Why did you begin your blog?
3. What is one goal you have for your classroom this year?
4. What is your favorite thing to teach?
5. Mac or PC?
6. What is the most prominent color in your wardrobe?
7. Does your classroom have a decoration theme?
8. What was your favorite class in college?
9. Where would you like to travel most?
10. Do you use foldables/interactive notebooks in your classroom?
11. Do you eat the cafeteria lunch?

My eleven random facts.
1. I love to do needlework. I cross stitch, quilt and last summer I taught myself knitting.
2. This summer I crossed Acadia National Park off my bucket list of national parks to visit.
3. In 2011, I traveled to Alaska on a mission trip. It was fabulous and I would love to go back.
4. If I go back to Alaska, I want it to be on a cruise.
5. Over the summer I went really all out girly and had manicures very two weeks. I never do that!
6. I have scripture verses hidden in spots all around my classroom for me to see throughout the day.
7. I have a screened in porch that I love to sit on but hate to clean. :)
8. I have two kitties, Asher and Puff and they are spoiled rotten.
9. I volunteer with BellyRubs Bassett Rescue. I transport bassetts and occasionally foster them. I love their arhooos, wrinkles and ears!
10. I have a fish pond with 20+ goldfish/koi. They've had babies and I'm scared to try and get a count of those.
11. I want to retire in Guatemala working with friends at a boys ranch they are building!

Thanks again Julie for the nomination!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment