Style

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snow Days

Our school system has thirteen built in snow days. We extend our school day an extra 30 minutes every day. This winter has given us a few days off and our new schedule has taken some adjustment. Having A/B days has several positives and negatives. Our snow days seem to have fallen on A days and those classes are really behind - a big negative!

We have snow in the first few days forecast. If we are out, the testing crunch will be felt. We started statewide writing assessments this week. I am not an ELA teacher, but I my classroom is a computer lab and the testing takes place in my lab. I relocate for the tests and on one day I proctor my class' test. I really would like to have snow this week, we have a break in our testing schedule and then I'm ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment